Not Available: This Page Is Unavailable

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
strj500

Re: Not Available: This Page Is Unavailable

Post by strj500 »

I'm also having a problem "Not Available" when doing the Newsletter stuff or something like that.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

This is a typical problem on Sundays and at other times when the servers are overloaded or there are other server problems.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jokamura

Post by jokamura »

Is there a server status page for the church?
"Accept what you can't change, and change what you can't accept, but know the difference between the two."
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jokamura wrote:Is there a server status page for the church?
No. That could be helpful, but no such page exists at this point.
scubadox

Post by scubadox »

I am also having this issue. Using the latest version of Chrome - also tried IE - same issue. It seems to be server side related. I have an article with a picture. When I try to edit the article, I get Page Unavailable. Even trying to add one additional word I get the same error. I have tried this for 2 successive weekdays, so probably not traffic related.
jokamura

Post by jokamura »

scubadox wrote:I am also having this issue. Using the latest version of Chrome - also tried IE - same issue. It seems to be server side related. I have an article with a picture. When I try to edit the article, I get Page Unavailable. Even trying to add one additional word I get the same error. I have tried this for 2 successive weekdays, so probably not traffic related.
I'm guessing this isn't traffic congestion related either as I've tried several times to edit mine as well.

It wouldn't be so bad if we could copy/paste and formatting would stick, but it doesn't. At least, it hasn't when I've cut and paste (just bold or italic stuff).

Hopefully they fix this :/
"Accept what you can't change, and change what you can't accept, but know the difference between the two."
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Based on this thread, you might want to make sure your newsletter doesn't have a # sign in it - even if it's worked in the past.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scubadox

Post by scubadox »

I've checked the text of my post, and there are no # symbols in it. Can you suggest anything else? The way this is behaving makes me believe that it's some type of coding error, particularly since people earlier in the thread said it used to work fine - then it changed. Does the monitor of this site take these issues to the programming group, or do we need to open a ticket with IT? The way this is behaving seems to be unpredictable and erratic. This should be looked at as a programming bug. I can demonstrate it if required.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scubadox wrote:I've checked the text of my post, and there are no # symbols in it. Can you suggest anything else?
If there's nothing sensitive in it, can you post it here and we can give it a try?

From the other thread, there seems to be a new firewall that could be the problem - not the app itself.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scubadox

Post by scubadox »

Here is a link to the posting when I try to edit it:

https://www.lds.org/member-news?lang=en ... 0215484745

Try adding anything to this post, then click on "save", or just click on "save". You'll get the error "This page is unavailable".

I created a new article, and began adding text one line at a time. This worked just fine. Then I added a picture and saved it - again it worked. Then I added a 2nd picture, and I got the error. I wonder if it may have something to do with the amount of data in the text box?

Return to “Newsletter”