Unable to Delete a Category

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
opickford

Unable to Delete a Category

Post by opickford »

I added a category "Relief Sosiety", now I am unable to delete it (yeah, go figure).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Unable to Delete a Category

Post by aebrown »

opickford wrote:I added a category "Relief Sosiety", now I am unable to delete it (yeah, go figure).
What problems are you encountering while trying to delete it? There should be an X to the right of the category on the Admin page. Do you see the X? Are you able to click it? Are you able to confirm the deletion by clicking YES?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

One possible problem you might be encountering: When the confirmation popup appears (which allows you to specify which category will be used for articles that are categorized with the category you are in the process of deleting), it's possible that the all-important YES button overlaps the links in the LDS.org footer, as follows:
NewsletterDelete.png
NewsletterDelete.png (68.34 KiB) Viewed 1668 times
If that happens, it can be difficult to impossible to click on YES, since the link that bleeds through ("Site Map" in my screen shot) takes priority.

In this case, you may need to use the Re-Order option to move the category higher in the list so that the YES button will be higher and not overlap any footer links.
opickford

Post by opickford »

Thanks that is what's happening I will give that a try. Hopefully it will not default to Spanish again :)
opickford

Post by opickford »

Muchos Gracias aebrown, that worked!

Return to “Newsletter”