Photos not showing

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
zaneclark

Photos not showing

Post by zaneclark »

I just got a note from a ward member that none of the previous photos posted to the Newsletter are showing.... I checked and she is correct, however I can post new photos which do show.... Hope it is a momentary glitch as photos are one of the things I use to entice members to access the newsletter....
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Photos not showing

Post by russellhltn »

zaneclark wrote:I just got a note from a ward member that none of the previous photos posted to the Newsletter are showing....
From how long ago? I seem to remember some indication that items would/might get deleted after some time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

russellhltn wrote:
zaneclark wrote:I just got a note from a ward member that none of the previous photos posted to the Newsletter are showing....
From how long ago? I seem to remember some indication that items would/might get deleted after some time.
These are photos from last spring.... The articles that accompanied them are still there, but the photos have disappeared .
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

"Last spring", is that 2015 or 2014?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

russellhltn wrote:"Last spring", is that 2015 or 2014?
The last one missing was posted late July 2015. .... A photo posted Aug 15th is showing, so maybe there is a purge of older photos, except this has not happened before.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I thought there was something about things being deleted after a year. July 2015 is barely two months ago. That seems way too soon. If it was July 2014, then I'd guess that the server was getting full and someone did a purge.

mevans

Post by mevans »

I just checked and I still see photos on the Newsletter. Some of them are over a year old.

People on the Directory forum have been reporting problems with uploading photos. I don't know if images are managed by the same back-end service. Could this be a related issue?

Return to “Newsletter”