Member of Unit trying to locate family member

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
swblack

Member of Unit trying to locate family member

Post by swblack »

I have a former Bishop of our unit ask me to help a sister in the ward who is old and in poor health. She is trying to contact a family member she has lost contact with. The former bishop thought there was a way to make a request to the church to send the an individual the contact info of the person wanting to make contact. That way they can decide if they want to make that contact or not. Is there a way to help this member? I can't find any info to give this member on how to make this request. Any help would be appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Member of Unit trying to locate family member

Post by russellhltn »

The church used to do that, but I don't know as they do that any more.

First, I'd check with social media to see if they can be found there.

If nothing works, I'd suggest having the current bishop call support and see what they can do. I'm suggesting the current bishop as I think support would be more willing to try and find a way to help.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:The church used to do that, but I don't know as they do that any more.
The church discontinued that service many years ago, so long ago that I no longer have the letter announcing the change.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Is it a close enough family member that he or she would appear in the Family tab on the sister's profile in Leader and Clerk Resources? If so, the bishop of the family member's ward could be contacted.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “General Discussions”