Sacrament cups recycling

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
anneliddicott

Sacrament cups recycling

Postby anneliddicott » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:22 am

I am trying to find out what type of plastic the plastic sacrament cups are. I know they are made from recycled plastic, but I need to know what the final plastic is categorised as, so I can recycle it correctly.

Can anyone help?

Thankyou

davesudweeks

Re: Sacrament cups recycling

Postby davesudweeks » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:55 am

Other than "plastic" and "they may be placed in recycling bins after use," nothing is listed on the online store that I could find. You might use the feedback link at the bottom of the page after you log in to the online store and ask. Surely someone who procures these will know what kind of plastic they are...

klricks

Re: Sacrament cups recycling

Postby klricks » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:41 am

anneliddicott wrote:I am trying to find out what type of plastic the plastic sacrament cups are. I know they are made from recycled plastic, but I need to know what the final plastic is categorised as, so I can recycle it correctly.

Can anyone help?

Thankyou

You might want to check with your sanitation/recycle company.
In my area they now accept only limited item.
Corrugated cardboard, newspaper, cans, and 1/2 and 1 gallon milk/water/juice jugs only.
No cereal boxes, no printer paper, no soda or water bottles etc.
This is due to changes in what the foreign recylers will accept.

Also I am guessing that the small cups were not actually being recycled even if they were accepted by your recycle co.........
Assistant Ward Clerk

Return to “General Discussions”