Using church photos in a published book

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Ryan9336

Using church photos in a published book

Post by Ryan9336 »

We have a friend from the Congo (now in the United States) who is writing a book, In this book he talks about his conversion and mission. The company he is working with requires approval from the owner to use these images. Who does he need to speak to have these images approved?
The pictures of the temple, are photos owned by the church.
Attachments
Image 1.jpg
Image 1.jpg (41.93 KiB) Viewed 340 times
Image 2.jpg
Image 2.jpg (44.89 KiB) Viewed 340 times
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Using church photos in a published book

Post by rmrichesjr »

The last post of this thread has the contact information for the Church's copyright office: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=30318&p=177790&hil ... ns#p177790

Of course, the email address domain "ldschurch.org" has been superseded. I don't know off the top of my head what the new domain for that type of email is.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

The correct email is on this page: https://permissions.lds.org/, which lists the general permissions.
permissions@churchofjesuschrist.org

There is a button on the page to create a permission request for something not covered.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

My parents served as missionaries in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (they just returned last week) and have taken several photos of the Kinshasa temple. If it would be helpful, feel free to send me a private message and I can get you in touch with them. I'm sure they'd be willing to share some of their photos. You might also find some good temple photos here: https://churchofjesuschristtemples.org/ (there's contact info at the bottom of the page).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “General Discussions”