Google and other LDS Themed Gadgets

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
WelchTC

Google and other LDS Themed Gadgets

Post by WelchTC »

I received the following email from our curriculum department today.
Brethren,

Can you please encourage the creation of (or even create) Google gadgets that will provide content on LDS.org to users of the gadgets on their homepages or in other ways? Please have those you encourage let us know that the gadgets exist by coordinating their existence through you.

We want to see what good things the community can come up with using gadgets to help users with our content. We wish to encourage the appropriate use of the content using beyond what we will be able to create using Church resources.
Let's start listing what existing gadgets exist and let's get some interesting ideas flowing around new gadgets.

Tom
jmaxwilson

Post by jmaxwilson »

Perhaps as a starting point, here is a link to the Google Gadgets directory search for "LDS". There appear to be a number that access official LDS.org content.

http://www.google.com/ig/directory?q=ld ... g&dpos=top
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

I know Yahoo may have a few, I found in a search in the last couple of days reference to a Yahoo widget that will stream BYU Radio.

Return to “General Discussions”