Gospel Library on PC freezes - Windows 10

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

norgaards

Gospel Library on PC freezes - Windows 10

Post by norgaards »

Hello,

I couldn't find a category for this. I have used Gospel Library on smartphones for some years, but now I've started using Gospel Library on the PC. However whenever a tag or a note is added it freezes, then it starts working again after about a minute or so. Or it may go down so I have to restart it again. Does anyone else experience the same problem and is there any fix for it?

Thanks
John
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel Library on PC freezes - Windows 10

Post by sbradshaw »

Do you have a lot of tags? I wonder if there's an inefficiency in how the app is loading and sorting the list of existing tags. iOS Gospel Library had a bug around that for a little while.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
pdblood

Post by pdblood »

This happens for me as well. Whenever I make or update any annotation (highlight, note, link, tag) the app freezes for 10-30 seconds. I do have a fair number of annotations. I reset the app to see if this would fix the issue, and it got better for a day or two but then quickly started having the same problem again.
norgaards

Post by norgaards »

Do you have a lot of tags? - Yes, I do have a lot of tags - maybe about 2000 and recently I haven't been able to sort them - have to find a tag name with CTRL F.
Pringles1

Post by Pringles1 »

Yes in our current version 5.0.19 we have noticed users with large amounts of tags may experience long times to load them. However in current Beta 5.0.21 in our new Notes page we load them nearly instantly, and supports sorting options. We are still working on the tags part of notes still.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”