Gospel library app for Win 10 not opening

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

kosifou

Gospel library app for Win 10 not opening

Post by kosifou »

V 5.0.20.0
This app is not opening, it hangs on either the sign on or restoring last session tabs. Been a problem since the latest update.
rgkelson

Re: Gospel library app for Win 10 not opening

Post by rgkelson »

I am also having the same problem.
dsbennett

Post by dsbennett »

Same for me. I used to be able to get in by restarting. Restarting doesn't work now.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I think I had the same problem, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and now everything is well.

Note the most recent release note:
Version 5.0.20 [2019-10-29]
Critical Patch - update to new Church sign-in system. May require sign-out and sign-in to complete the fix.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
Vaughn.B

Post by Vaughn.B »

I uninstalled and installed again. It started up OK and I had to sign in again. It loaded fine. I closed and re-opened. I noticed the start up window is slightly different. So I'm thinking it has something to do with the new sign-in system as drepouille quoted. But the Windows app is running good again. I'll update if something goes buggy again.
mmonsen

Post by mmonsen »

I have this same problem, most likely due to not logging out and back in when the change to the login system was introduced. The problem is that I have unsynced markings and notes from last November-ish until now that I don't want to lose.

If I could just get the application to start up so that I can go into the settings and reset my login, I think I could save everything. Somehow I got it to start a couple of nights ago, but since then I have had no luck, it always hangs on startup and eventually just disappears if I let it sit there long enough.

Is there any way I can get past this just long enough to reset my login details and (hopefully) get logged in again and sync my data?
rgkelson

Post by rgkelson »

I've been using the beta version for more than a week without having any problems. You might try that.
mmonsen

Post by mmonsen »

I was finally able to get it to open up again (I'm not sure if I did anything that affected this or not.) After it launched, I signed out even though there was a warning that I might lose un-synced notes, etc.. I then logged back in and things seem to be working fine since then. I am not sure whether I actually lost any markings or notes though.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”