Stake Conference Broadcast

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
johnshaw

Re: Stake Conference Broadcast

Post by johnshaw »

russellhltn wrote:
JohnShaw wrote:Interesting that you can download and view stake conferences - anyone and everyone.
Are you sure about that? Or is it just that those authorized (like a STS) can download any stake?
Good point, I'm not usually automatically logged into lds.org, but I did click over from the forum.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Hmmmm. I tried it with a different browser (IE10). It appears to allow me to download even when not logged in. At least I got as far as the browser-level prompt of "open or save".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

When I tried it, the site opened showing several stake conferences. When I clicked on any one of them, I was presented with a login page. My LDS Account did not pass the Login requirements.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I didn't try the "view" links, just the one "download" link, if that makes a difference.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mprusse

Post by mprusse »

Anyone know which calling has access to these stake broadcasts after the fact? Our stake presidency wants to show it again to stake members that missed it due to fall break. I'm a STS and my LDS Account credentials don't work. Thank you.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mprusse wrote:Anyone know which calling has access to these stake broadcasts after the fact?
We were told that stake conference broadcasts are not available after the fact, and that login credentials work only on the day of the conference and if you are a member of the presidency of a participating stake.
aldofernandez

Post by aldofernandez »

Need some Help!

Last November 15-16th 2014 we had a stake conference in Pachuca Mexico. I'm looking for a talk from Elder Daniel L. Johnson from that day. Where can I find the transcript or video?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Stake Conferences are not recorded, except for live broadcasting to another location during the conference. Church policy specifically prohibits recording talks given by general authorities at stake conference for later use (Handbook 2, section 21.1.33). I'm not sure what the conversation above from 2013 is referring to, but I'm pretty sure the policy hasn't changed, so I don't think you'll find a recording or transcript anywhere, unless you are able to get in contact with Elder Johnson and get a written copy of his talk directly from him.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
SaloteFilivao

Post by SaloteFilivao »

what is the username and password to view stake conference?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

SaloteFilivao wrote:what is the username and password to view stake conference?
We cannot give that out in a public forum. Assuming that you're referring to the regional stake broadcast happening today, It's only for use in church buildings and is prohibited from being shown anywhere where there isn't a high council presence.

Stake presidents received instructions on how to go about this.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”