Donate to a missionary in another ward directly

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
glenburton

Donate to a missionary in another ward directly

Post by glenburton »

My wife and I are divorced. My daughter will be leaving from her mothers ward. I wish I could make a donation directly to her (in her mother's ward account).

I wish they had an option on the form to "Donate to a missionary in another ward" Then allow you to select the Country, City, and Ward then the exact missionary. from a drop down list. Just as you would for a missionary in your own ward!

Not only would this simplify what divorcee's are wanting to do like myself. I can see people becoming more interested in donating to individuals than they would be in donating to just the "General Missionary Fund" I think it would be more enjoyable and fun! and I think you will find that may more people will do it that would otherwise not if the only choice is the General Fund... You could also have an option button to make the donation anonymous! So the left hand does not know what the Right hand is doing.

You would have to make it so excess funds automatically go into the general fund or something like that. IDK

or show a monthly balance so donors can see the need. Maybe you could even allow them to "follow" that missionary and be notified "anonymously" if desired when that missionary is in need...

Glen Burton
[Personal information deleted. This is a public forum.]
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Donate to a missionary in another ward directly

Post by lajackson »

What you are requesting is available now if you are using Online Donations. The only thing you will need to do is ask your ward clerk for the unit number of your daughter's ward. And her ward needs to be in the same country as your ward.

The General Missionary Fund is different from the Ward Missionary Fund and is used for different purposes.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Here in the UK, although we don’t have the online donation facility, the Ward Clerk can contact the Global Service Centre and get this option set up. You will need your daughters information MRN, the ward who has financial responsibility etc. I recently did this for a member who was contributing to a nephews mission. We use MLS for the majority of donations, but whether this could be applied to online donations, your Ward Clerk should be able to find out.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Biggles wrote:...but whether this could be applied to online donations, your Ward Clerk should be able to find out.
This is very easy to do in the USA using online donations if the missionary is being funded through another ward/branch in the USA. As Lajackson stated, all you need is the ward or branch number that has financial responsibility for the missionary.

When entering the donation online, you simply select the option to donate to a missionary in another ward, enter the ward number, and select the missionary from the list (it only works AFTER the mission account is set up). We did this for a nephew's mission who was serving from Idaho. It worked perfectly and was very easy.

If the OP is outside the USA, your ward clerk should be able to explain if it is possible and how to do it.
gkenison

Post by gkenison »

Thank you GlenBurton, you described my similar situation. My son received his mission call today and we live out of state. So looking forward to trying all the advice here so I can donate to my son's mission! Thank you everyone! :D

Return to “Online Donations”