Contribution after Jan 1 in timezones ahead of Utah?

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
davepeterson

Contribution after Jan 1 in timezones ahead of Utah?

Post by davepeterson »

Shortly after the new year began, we did an online donation. However, it was apparently still prior to midnight in SLC. So the donation that was intended for the year 2020 tax records has actually shown up on our 2019 tax statement. Is there any way to adjust this officially? Thanks in advance.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Contribution after Jan 1 in timezones ahead of Utah?

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure what the options are. I'd discuss that with your ward finance clerk. He may have to call support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

According to the Donations FAQ all donations are recorded using Mountain Daylight Time. Your clerk can call SLC to make sure but I suspect the church has to use a consistent policy especially when that policy has been published and it probably cannot legally make exceptions. Tax law is usually pretty strict about that kind of thing. So I wouldn't get my hopes up but you can ask you clerk to look into it.
davepeterson

Post by davepeterson »

Thank you very much!

Return to “Online Donations”