What is the 'Gospel Living' app? Where is it available?

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: What is the 'Gospel Living' app? Where is it available?

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:closed beta for the pilot stakes
This is what I'd expect given the communication features in the app. The beta would be by stake and not as individuals. If the stake is invited to be a part of the beta, the stake president would have to give his approval.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tempusnai

Post by tempusnai »

this might not be applicable but bettr now than later
Great job making this app! finally
Now only wonder if it includes 15 mill members
trevorh

Post by trevorh »

Will the app also be available for the Amazon Kindle Fire, like the Church's other apps are? (We don't allow our kids to have their own phones, but they do have Kindle Fires, and we are thinking of getting them new ones for Christmas.)
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

trevorh wrote:Will the app also be available for the Amazon Kindle Fire, like the Church's other apps are? (We don't allow our kids to have their own phones, but they do have Kindle Fires, and we are thinking of getting them new ones for Christmas.)
I don't know for sure, but only a couple of the Church's apps are available on the Amazon Appstore – so I wouldn't plan on it being there, at least not from the start.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
trevorh

Post by trevorh »

I was thinking only the Tools app wasn't available there, but now that I've compared it to what's on Google Play, I do see there are a bunch of newer apps that are missing. I hope they'll keep in mind that there are some parents that don't want their kids to have phones.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

trevorh wrote:I hope they'll keep in mind that there are some parents that don't want their kids to have phones.
They said at the Face to Face that the app was not required at all to participate in the Children and Youth program. Obviously, it would be nice. But it is not necessary.
trevorh

Post by trevorh »

Of course it's not required, but my kids already feel like they're the only ones in the world without a phone, and not having it available on safer devices won't help with that.
EarloftheWest

How do the communications features work in the Gospel Living App

Post by EarloftheWest »

During the Face to Face, it was discussed that members could communicate with others in their classes and quorums via the app?
Does anyone know how that actually works?
Does it just send an email to everyone on the list or is it more of an instant messenger app?
Thanks!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: How do the communications features work in the Gospel Living App

Post by lajackson »

EarloftheWest wrote:During the Face to Face, it was discussed that members could communicate with others in their classes and quorums via the app?
Does anyone know how that actually works?
I do not know, and we probably will not find out until the app is released early next year.
trevorh

Post by trevorh »

It looked like an instant messaging feature to me, which would be terrific. It would get people off of apps like GroupMe which occasionally receive very inappropriate spam.

Return to “Gospel Living App”