Bug in scripture section…

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
Bob_Blaylock

Bug in scripture section…

Post by Bob_Blaylock »

There seems to be a bug in the scripture section.  Here are steps to reproduce it:
  1. Go to the scripture section, and do a search for a particular phrase.  I used “itching ears”, and will give examples based on this result.
  2. The first result from my search was to 2 Timothy 4:3-4.  The URL of the given link is https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/scriptures/nt/2-tim/4.3-4?lang=eng&clang=eng#p2, which matches the usual pattern of loading that chapter, highlighting the verses in that range, and scrolling the page to display those verses.
  3. Going to that URL, it gets changed to https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/scriptures/nt/2-tim/4.13,20?lang=eng, loading the correct chapter, but highlighting different verses than were specified in the original URL, and not scrolling to the specified verses.

I have verified this incorrect behavior under two different browsers, and with different references to different chapters and verses in different volumes of scripture.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Bug in scripture section…

Post by russellhltn »

I would suggest submitting it via feedback.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cwmarsh

Post by cwmarsh »

I'm having the same issue and it just started this last week.
cwmarsh

Post by cwmarsh »

russellhltn,

Could you point me to the process of submitting something via feedback?

Cody Marsh
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cwmarsh wrote:Could you point me to the process of submitting something via feedback?
Go to the first link in your message. Scroll all the way to the bottom to the footer. There's a link labeled "feedback".

If you have problems putting everything in the message box, you can explain that the details are in this thread.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Bob_Blaylock

Post by Bob_Blaylock »

russellhltn wrote:I would suggest submitting it via feedback.
  I tried that, repeatedly, just before I posted here; and only got an error message.  Apparently, at the time I discovered this problem, the feedback system was even more screwed up than the scripture system.
cwmarsh

Post by cwmarsh »

It appears the scripture has been corrected.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”