scrolling

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
mevans

Re: scrolling

Post by mevans »

I see what you're talking about. I have a scroll wheel on my mouse and hadn't paid attention that there is no scrollbar on the left pane. The footnotes on the right also have the same problem. The scrollbar on the right is tied to the content in the middle. I've found navigation a bit bothersome at times, but haven't paid attention to the specifics until now.

@sbradshaw: If the person can't scroll the left panel, he or she will never be able to get to the Feedback link, as it's at the bottom of the left panel. I'm submitting some feedback, just in case no one else has.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I got a response from the church about this:

We are aware of the difficulty in scrolling down through the content index if you do not have a wheel mouse. A scroll bar will be added in a future release. As a workaround, you can click in the left panel where the index is, then use the up and down arrows on your keyboard.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mevans wrote:I got a response from the church about this:

We are aware of the difficulty in scrolling down through the content index if you do not have a wheel mouse. A scroll bar will be added in a future release. As a workaround, you can click in the left panel where the index is, then use the up and down arrows on your keyboard.
For those with touch screen, I think a variation of click and drag works as well. As long as that section has focus, you can scroll it with gestures like any web page.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sharonsharon

Post by sharonsharon »

Help please. I read scriptures in gospel library. My 80-year-old fingers do not want to keep scrolling down for each new verse. Is there a scroll bar at or way that I can tap to get to my next set of verses in the chapter I am reading?

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”