Voiding an approved Expense in Bishop's Review

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
mikerm74

Voiding an approved Expense in Bishop's Review

Post by mikerm74 »

Last week 12/29/2019 we had the Church's website acting erratically and giving us the "Opps We're sorry" screen multiple times after trying to submit an expense. We were able to get the expense added but in the time the site was flipping out we added it again because we didn't realize it had already been added. Now the Bishop has one of the approved expenses in Bishops review with no way to void or delete it.

He didn't approve it since it was a duplicate. Now if I look in MLS I see the 2 expenses approved. Only one has been paid.

We also tried to delete it before it was submitted for bishops approval but couldn't in the previous screen either.

How can we void or delete an expense if it's already been approved?

Thanks
schester

Re: Voiding an approved Expense in Bishop's Review

Post by schester »

I imagine it would also show up in the expense summary and you'd be able to void/adjust it from there.

If it's a check, it's possible you'd have to print the check and then void it.
If it's ACH, I'm not certain if you can void. I don't have any issued ACH transactions, they are all cleared.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

If the expense has a status of Issued (rather than Cleared) then you may be able to void it in LCR. Select Finance > Expenses from the LCR menu and then click on the Expenses Summary page. Find the expense and click on the reference number. If the expense has a red Void Expense button then that should do the trick. If the expense is Cleared or you don't have the Void Expense button then it's probably too late and you'll have to ask the member to return the reimbursement and deposit it into the appropriate category.
mikerm74

Post by mikerm74 »

It hasn't cleared it's just sitting in the Bishops review folder. No way to void it .

Does the Bishop need to approve it before we can void it? There is no way for him to reject it either.

This should be fixed.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Have you looked in the Expenses Summary page instead of the Bishop's review page? The bishop's review page should have no effect on whether it's in the expenses summary. If it in the summary list then you can try to void it as I indicated in the previous post. If the void button does not show up then the expense has already been processed too far to void and has probably been deposited in the member's account (sometimes an expense won't show Cleared until well after it has been deposited). In that case you'll have to ask the member to return the funds once they show up.

If the expense is still on the Approve Expenses list then you need to have an approver reject the expense. Then it will move to the Pending Expenses tab and you can delete it from there.

If the expense shows in the Bishop's Review page but not on either the Approve Expenses, Pending Expenses or Expenses Summary pages then something has gone wrong on the back end and you'll have to contact the Global Service Center for help.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”