18-year-old Young Woman

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
gregneg

Re: 18-year-old Young Woman

Post by gregneg »

scgallafent wrote:We haven't removed it. I just checked both MLS 3.7.0 and MLS 3.7.1 and the remove link is there on my installation.
Actually, you DID remove it. Having talked to SLC tech support, apparently admin permission level is now required. I have membership clerk appropriate MLS permission level (assuming permission description matches calling) -- e.g. I don't do financial stuff.

I gotta ask --- was this change a bug that sneaked in, or was it a PH decision to reduce my workload as Membership Clerk and shove it on to the Clerk or Bishopric?

I'd call it a bug.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

gregneg wrote:
scgallafent wrote:We haven't removed it. I just checked both MLS 3.7.0 and MLS 3.7.1 and the remove link is there on my installation.
Actually, you DID remove it. Having talked to SLC tech support, apparently admin permission level is now required. I have membership clerk appropriate MLS permission level (assuming permission description matches calling) -- e.g. I don't do financial stuff.

I gotta ask --- was this change a bug that sneaked in, or was it a PH decision to reduce my workload as Membership Clerk and shove it on to the Clerk or Bishopric?

I'd call it a bug.
I had a much longer response prepared, but decided to trim it back to the basics.

I have tested this on my development machine with two units. I used my unit and your unit. In both cases it worked correctly. I used my unit to test specifically because I am an assistant clerk in that unit with permissions identical to yours and I know that it works at the church because I've used it there. That allows me to eliminate the possibility that the behavior is different on a development machine.

"... was this change a bug that sneaked in" -- Based on my testing, it works correctly.

"was it a PH decision to reduce my workload as Membership Clerk and shove it on to the Clerk or Bishopric?" -- No.

If you have a set of steps that will reproduce the issue, contact the service center and have them log a bug report. That will get it in the appropriate channel so that we can pursue it and fix it.
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

ldskraig wrote:I know that a young woman can go to Relief Society when she turns 18, but it is my understanding that she can also remain in her Laurel class until she graduates from high school. In MLS, it appears that you are not allowed to add an 18-year-old young woman to the class presidency, as the only valid candidates it shows are 16 and 17-year-olds. So can an 18-year-old young woman be called to the Laurel presidency, and if so, does MLS need to be changed to allow this?
We recently ran across this same problem. I will be forwarding the contents of this thread to our clerk.
gregneg

Post by gregneg »

gregneg wrote:
Actually, you DID remove it.
Blind and bullheaded clerk here. You are right -- it is there. My problem was there was this massive "assigned" (VT and HT?) list with *no* remove --- and right above it was a tiny/short block list of members *with* remove.

Please accept my apologies and change my accuse to a feature request --- let me resize those "partitioned" / blocked window lists.

I will add this though -- my bishop did give me Admin access -- and the guy I thought had admin access did not. My earlier observations may be questionable --
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

gregneg wrote:Please accept my apologies and change my accuse to a feature request --- let me resize those "partitioned" / blocked window lists.
Apology accepted, but I'm not going to log the feature request because ....

If you look at the top right of the window, there is a drop-down menu labeled "Show." By default, it is set to "All." Change that to "Members" (or whichever section you want to look at).

That is particularly handy when working on Primary "other callings."

Does that solve the problem?
gregneg

Post by gregneg »

My eyesight has been cured! (Problem solved)

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”