Columns Missing

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
erichuff

Columns Missing

Post by erichuff »

Hi,

In the last couple of months there has been a change to the Home Teaching Statistics report where I can no longer see the following columns on the report: age, priesthood.

As a group leader I find the report difficult to use, specifically the unassigned potential home teacher section. If I do not know the person by name I don't know if I'm dealing with a perspective Elder or or a young man.

Can we have those columns added back to the report. Why would they have been removed?

Regards,
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Columns Missing

Post by lajackson »

erichuff wrote:Can we have those columns added back to the report. Why would they have been removed?
I am not sure what columns you speak of. Perhaps it is because there is no longer a home teaching program in the church, there is no home teaching statistics report, and group leaders were replaced with Elders Quorum presidents?

Is it a problem with what you are seeing in the Ministering assignments area?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

What's your current calling? Different callings may see different information in the reports.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I am going to assume the OP was talking about ministering and address what I think will help find information.
erichuff wrote:. . . I can no longer see the following columns on the report: age, priesthood.
The information you are seeking is available, only in a different manner. The Ministering Assignments report will include all eligible members of the ward to be ministered to and to be ministers. Since it appears this thread concerns eligible priesthood ministers then we can view those in filtered groups at the "Individual" tab. The first filter defaults to "All Organizations" when LCR > Ministering > Ministering Assignments is first selected. To see Melchizedek Priesthood holders and prospective elders, or all members of the Elders Quorum, select "Elders Quorum" in the Organizations filter. Likewise select "Young Men" to filter all young men age Aaronic Priesthood holders. To further filter the list you can apply the Individuals filter to see "All Individuals", "No Companion", or "No Assignment".

Once the filters have been applied you can further view details about each individual by clicking the name. This is where I am not sure what is displayed in the pop-up because different callings have different access permissions and I am viewing the information with ward clerk permissions. But I think as a member of the Elders Quorum presidency you should be able to see the age in parentheses after the name in the pop-up and then the gender right after that. Included in the pop-up should be a phone number and the priesthood held. As a clerk I also have a button labeled "View Member Profile" to view the complete member information. I doubt that button is available to anyone except those with 'view membership' permissions.
erichuff wrote:As a group leader I find the report difficult to use, specifically the unassigned potential home teacher section. If I do not know the person by name I don't know if I'm dealing with a perspective Elder or or a young man.
Using the filters described above you can determine whether the member of the Elders Quorum is a prospective elder when the name is clicked and you see the priesthood held. Granted, there is no scanning of the list of names to be able to quickly see who is a prospective elder. Young men will be displayed separate from prospective elders when the "Young Men" filter is applied.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”