List of high school seniors

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
primetime5

List of high school seniors

Post by primetime5 »

I am building a report that shows everyone who is likely a senior high school student currently. I am not aware of any data fields that tie one's school status to their membership so I added the Potential Seminary Student field to my report as a check. I found that many 18 year-olds had a "No" listed next to that status. So it raises the question who determines the seminary status of a person? Is it automated based on dob or is there a manual component to it? I assume this means the person is graduated, but again, how is that determined?

TIA
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: List of high school seniors

Post by russellhltn »

Just for fun, look at the birth date for the 18 yo that are not eligible. If your school admission policy is like ours, those 18 yo will turn 19 before the end this calendar year.

Or, to put it another way, the likely seniors were born in 2001. (Turned 18 this calendar year.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: List of high school seniors

Post by lajackson »

primetime5 wrote:So it raises the question who determines the seminary status of a person? Is it automated based on dob or is there a manual component to it?
I believe that the best way is to have (or find someone who has) access to the Seminary registration system. Their reports are by grade, and it would be a simple matter to determine who is a senior.

There is no real way to tell from a membership record the school grade of a Young Man or Woman. That information is entered manually when they begin 9th grade (in the U.S.) and tracks through the Seminary system until they graduate.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”