Access denied: How to fix this?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
nuuuliboy@gmail.com

Access denied: How to fix this?

Post by nuuuliboy@gmail.com »

Hi,

Need assistance with getting access as a financial clerk to the website. I have access through MLS but am having trouble when redirected to the webiste. I have attached some snipits of what I'm dealing with. Any help would be greatly apppreciated.

Thank you,

Brother Ho Ching

[moderator note: the second attachment was removed as it showed your membership record number and your birth date. This is a public forum and all information posted here is visible to anyone worldwide to view.]
Attachments
MLS1.PNG
(7.51 KiB) Not downloaded yet
MLS3.PNG
(13.29 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by jdlessley on Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed attachment with conficential and private information
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Access denied: How to fix this?

Post by jdlessley »

How long has it been since your calling as ward assistant clerk - finance was recorded? It can take as long as 24 to 48 hours for the calling to propagate to systems. Your access in MLS is only based on the creation of an account in that system. The permissions granted online are related to your calling recorded in the system as well as a valid Membership Record Number (MRN) recorded in your Member Account.

I cannot be certain, but even though there was a number displayed for your MRN in the attachment I deleted, the number may not be the correct MRN. Get your Individual Ordinance Summary (IOS) from your ward clerk and compare the two numbers to make sure the correct one is entered into your Member Account.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Access is strictly based on calling. You have to hold a standard position that grants access. If you were just called today, it can take 24 hours after the calling is recorded before you get access. In addition, it requires two people to put someone in a financial position, so it may be taking a bit longer to record than usual
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

If you have multiple callings, you must ensure you select the appropriate calling after you login to LCR.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:If you have multiple callings,
That might be an issue if you have multiple callings that grant access to LCR. I don't think it's an issue if you only have one calling that grants access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”