MLS 3.1 Custom Positions Review

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jbh001

MLS 3.1 Custom Positions Review

Post by jbh001 »

After installing the beta, the Custom Position Review does not seem to populate with anything even though there are custom positions in active use in the database. Anyone else experience this?
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

jbh001 wrote:After installing the beta, the Custom Position Review does not seem to populate with anything even though there are custom positions in active use in the database. Anyone else experience this?
One other question about this feature: Is it still only viewable by MLS administrators?

With MLS 3.0.x, I have membership rights and can do all things will callings, except for view this helpful tool.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jbh001 wrote:After installing the beta, the Custom Position Review does not seem to populate with anything even though there are custom positions in active use in the database. Anyone else experience this?

I just installed MLS 3.1 beta throughout my stake. I did not check in stake MLS, but for all 3 wards where I happened to look, the Custom Position Review had all the expected entries.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mkmurray wrote:One other question about this feature: Is it still only viewable by MLS administrators?

With MLS 3.0.x, I have membership rights and can do all things will callings, except for view this helpful tool.
Unfortunately, Custom Positions Review still requires MLS administrator permissions in MLS 3.1.
gregneg

Re: MLS 3.1 Custom Positions Review

Post by gregneg »

The Admin Permissions thing is still true in todays current 3.5.1 .

I have spent much time in emails, MLS messaging, and phone support doing re-installs and backup restorations (with an Admin available) trying to get this fixed. Until our *recent* installation of internet access at the chapel, much of this communication was done from my home --- and **NONE** of my official help contacts knew that I, as membership clerk, was excluded on purpose.

Could you give us lowly membership clerks a bit of insight as to why we are locked out of this apparently appropriate-for-us-to-use tool?

(edited for punctuation)
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

gregneg wrote:Could you give us lowly membership clerks a bit of insight as to why we are locked out of this apparently appropriate-for-us-to-use tool?
A response to that would have to come from an MLS development team member.

I agree the tool is well within the duties of a membership clerk to use. It therefore should be available to anyone with "edit membership" rights and not just "administrator" rights.

Have you sent in a suggestion on this? You can do this using the MLS messaging system.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
gregneg

Re: MLS Custom Positions Review

Post by gregneg »

MLS messaging, and MLS support emails, and week-day phone support have all resulted in a bug report/request/suggestion to the programmers by the assorted support staff. I have not ever been in direct contact with a development team member.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

That is all you can do through that channel. A decision to change this access may rest outside the authority of the development team and may have to be approved by the Priesthood Department. The next channel to use to get a suggestion like this to the Priesthood Department would be through the Priesthood chain of authority. Your bishop would have to convince your stake president to convince the Area Seventy and so on up the line.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”