Can't get OBS working with Webcast 3.0

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
mitchrichie

Can't get OBS working with Webcast 3.0

Post by mitchrichie »

Has anyone been successful getting OBS studio to stream to the new Webcast 3.0? I get the following error when clicking the "start streaming" button in OBS: Could not access the specified channel or stream key, please double-check your stream key. If it is correct, there may be a problem connecting to the server.

I've double-checked the stream key.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Can't get OBS working with Webcast 3.0

Post by Mikerowaved »

[Moderator note: I split this out from the other topic so it's easier to find.]

I've used both OBS and Wirecast successfully with Webcast 3.0. In fact, our stake conference 3 weeks ago used the latter with Webcast 3.0 without a hitch. I'll run some tests tomorrow and see what shakes out.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

I was successful using OBS to upload to Webcast 3.0. It will fail if you don't have your ingestion settings correct. The most important (obviously) are the Server and Stream Key, but also the video bandwidth must be set to 2200 Kbps or lower. Try it again and let us know how it went.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mitchrichie

Post by mitchrichie »

I've been successful with a few tests recently. My confidence in the webcast system is increasing. May attempt to use it for the next stake conference.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”