Successful Stake Conf Broadcast.

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
davesudweeks

Re: Successful Stake Conf Broadcast.

Post by davesudweeks »

seth.wagenman wrote:Good feedback. I think Azure has K8S capability as an option but I could be wrong. Anyway, the reason I posted is I am sad to report that recent webcasting difficulties in my stake have resulted in proposals to rent out a stadium-style facility for thousands of people which will probably cost way more than if the Church got some solid tech.
I'm not up on (nor involved in) the broadcasting scene, but noted this thread with interest: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35240&hilit=broadcast
Apologies if I'm speaking out of turn, but it does appear the church is working on some solid tech, though perhaps not on a timetable that will satisfy your stake president.

We had a broadcast stake conference 2 weeks ago and there were problems (I don't think we we are on the MI Box beta). We learned the Stake Center had internet problems that affected all the receive sites for about 10-15 minutes so this would not help that issue. I was at one of the receive sites.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

A number of people have had successful broadcasts. Some have gone outside of the church supplied system to do so. But I think that would be at a cost well below renting a stadium.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

davesudweeks wrote:We learned the Stake Center had internet problems that affected all the receive sites for about 10-15 minutes...
Yep, that's the Achilles Heel of live webcasting. We are always at the mercy of the ISP(s) involved.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”