Interested in a tour of the church conference center technology on Friday following the LDS Technology Conferene?

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
michaelfish

Interested in a tour of the church conference center technology on Friday following the LDS Technology Conferene?

Post by michaelfish »

I just listened to the Mormon Channel Insights Episode 8 on broadcasting and was fascinated! I’d like to see and hear more so…

For those who are planning on attending the 2015 technology conference perhaps a tour could be arranged of the church’s conference center and associated technology?

Since the LDS Technology conference is on a Thursday, perhaps a Friday tour (10/16/2015) following the conference – even if for an hour or so. We can reach out and request a special tour of the broadcasting facilities and discuss broadcasting best practices. Perhaps someone is involved in the weekly and general conference broadcasts could speak to us and show us the facilities.

I would love to get a glimpse of the behind-the-scenes action.

Any interest?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Interested in a tour of the church conference center technology on Friday following the LDS Technology Conferene?

Post by Mikerowaved »

Great suggestion. If it could be arranged, I'm in!
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Interested in a tour of the church conference center technology on Friday following the LDS Technology Conferene?

Post by sbradshaw »

I would also be interested. Perhaps someone on the LDSTech conference planning committee could arrange for it (the sooner the more likely).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

It sounds interesting if I was anywhere near there. The one thought that is crossing my mind, is this and I will probably be a bit down for people. I think it would be terrific, but the problem, for me, is that everything they have, we can't use because we aren't suppose to make stake conference a production. Everything they use at the conference center is broadcast quality TV production equipment and we are to do the best we can with we can purchase.

so I guess that I'm saying that this could give us great ideas, but with the limited ability to pull it off and the constraints, it is like showing the kid a lollipop and saying he can't have it.

Just a bit of frustration tonight and the frustration to make something as best as it can be on a shoe string budget.

Terry
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I just think it'd be cool to see what they have behind the scenes – not necessarily as examples of technology we could use in our stakes, but rather just a glance at how the Church is using technology to support the worldwide Church.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I'd be interested.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

I would be very interested, although it's UEA weekend and I currently have a family vacation planned then. I may cancel, but I wish they wouldn't put things on UEA weekend!
Craig
South Jordan, UT
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

craiggsmith wrote:I would be very interested, although it's UEA weekend and I currently have a family vacation planned then. I may cancel, but I wish they wouldn't put things on UEA weekend!
One of the reasons is that the Institute building isn't being used for institute that week, so it is available for conference.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

jonesrk wrote:One of the reasons is that the Institute building isn't being used for institute that week, so it is available for conference.
Ahh, that makes sense.
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”