No Sound

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
lajackson
Community Moderators

No Sound

Post by lajackson »

I am trying to watch a webcast and am not receiving any sound. I have tried two different browsers. I have checked the church player and sound is turned on. I have checked my laptop and sound is on, including from other streaming websites. Where else is there to check?

The only thing I have not been able to do is confirm that the originating site is actually encoding sound. I have sent an email but not yet received a response.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: No Sound

Post by lajackson »

Followup. Signed out. Reloaded webcasting site. Sound is now working.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

lajackson wrote:Followup. Signed out. Reloaded webcasting site. Sound is now working.
Before I did all that, the broadcast dropped and the test videos began. I thought there may have been some confusion on the part of my computer cookies as to whether I was signed on or not, because I was working between the webcast and the forum.

I still have not confirmed, but my guess is that the originating location was not sending sound.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

This happened in our stake once. The solution was to reload the browser's window (CTRL-R for most browsers) and everything started working.

A quick way to check if you're receiving audio is pull the 3.5mm cable from the earphone jack on the laptop and see if you can hear it over the laptop's speakers.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”