FM: Facility Issue Reporting (FIR) Pilot

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
whipplejb

Re: FM: Facility Issue Reporting (FIR) Pilot

Post by whipplejb »

I am an employee and and Administrative Assistant at the Ephraim Utah Institute of Religion. Yesterday for the first time I was unable to access Facility Issue Reporting for the Ephraim Utah Institute. It let me access my home stake buildings. I have never reported a facility problem through my home stake. I need to access the Ephraim Utah Institute so I can report a problem at our Institute Building. Thank you. Julie B. Whipple
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

whipplejb wrote:I need to access the Ephraim Utah Institute so I can report a problem at our Institute Building.
The forum is primarily user-to-user support. You'll have to contact the Global Service Desk to check your access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rhforsyth

Post by rhforsyth »

Need assistance in accessing and placing FIR requests.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

See the Wiki article Facility Issue Reporting for information. It has a link to a dated (2012) Facility Issue Reporting (FIR) System User's Manual. The introduction has a table of those callings/positions with user access. The manual is a good start, but due to it's age, the information may not reflect changes that have occurred since then. It also references out of use systems and terms.

For direct access to FIR, go to https://fir.churchofjesuschrist.org/
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Additionally, GHB 35.4.2 talks about Requesting Repairs, and links to a Help Center article about FIR. That article is dated 2016, so it's a full 4 years newer than the manual! ;) That said, it likewise probably doesn't have the info you are looking for.

My best suggestion would be to contact the Ward Building Representative (GHB 35.2.9), and then try the Stake Building Representative (per GHB 35.2.4 and 35.2.5 it should be one of the High Councilors). They should be able to provide training and support to any Stake or Ward Council member trying to use FIR.
CDCypert48

Post by CDCypert48 »

How in the world is anyone able to get into FIR to report building problems?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

CDCypert48 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:01 pm How in the world is anyone able to get into FIR to report building problems?
This is the direct link: https://fir.churchofjesuschrist.org/, however, only those with specific callings are allowed to access it. If you have building issues, I'd suggest contacting your local leaders. They can open a ticket in FIR.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”