CRM for ward membership

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
KevinTGeddes

CRM for ward membership

Postby KevinTGeddes » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:25 pm

Anyone know if there are plans to create a CRM system similar to salesforce to help unite the ministering effort across the ward and to keep better records?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: CRM for ward membership

Postby russellhltn » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:54 pm

I've not heard of any plans, and frankly I have my doubts that it would be done given the amount of sensitive personal data that would be recorded.

The handling of personal data, especially in an electronic format, is a serious affair governed by "laws of the land". I think there's some very good reasons why the training stresses interviews as opposed to other forms of communication.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

dotson98

Re: CRM for ward membership

Postby dotson98 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:57 am

This is interesting. I created a notebook in OneNote for this purpose. Very manual and somewhat intensive to manage. However, the data is there.

I shared it with the EQ presidency and tried to get the RS presidency on board. The sharing part never really took off (for technical reasons), however, as I thought about it.... probably not a good idea. Can you imagine me documenting a family's severe personal struggle, only to have a member of that family later join a presidency that has access to that information? Ouch!

Return to “Other Member Technologies”