Saving drafts

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
gsgiauque

Saving drafts

Post by gsgiauque »

[Moderator note: This discussion was split off from the topic Ward wants to skip ETBenson Less. after schedule was set up., since it deals with a separate issue.]

P.S. This is the second time I have written this message. I saved the earlier draft, but cannot find it now. It simply disappeared! That issue also needs to be addressed. Now I recognize that this is a forum of individuals who do not work for the Church. But hopefully someone who reads this can put these ideas into the right hands. I am just a newbie.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Saving drafts

Post by aebrown »

gsgiauque wrote:P.S. This is the second time I have written this message. I saved the earlier draft, but cannot find it now. It simply disappeared! That issue also needs to be addressed. Now I recognize that this is a forum of individuals who do not work for the Church. But hopefully someone who reads this can put these ideas into the right hands. I am just a newbie.
When you save a draft of a post on the Forum, it goes into a special place in your User Control Panel called "Manage drafts". Unless you knew to go look there for your saved draft, you might think it "simply disappeared". My guess is that it was indeed saved, but you didn't know where to find it. To post the draft into the topic, you choose the "Load draft" option on the saved draft, finish composing it, and then Submit.
gsgiauque

Post by gsgiauque »

To aebrown.

When you save a draft of a post on the Forum, it goes into a special place in your User Control Panel called "Manage drafts". I am looking for those rubrics, but can't find them/do not see them. Either before or after clicking on "Save draft," I do not see "Manage drafts."
Unless you knew to go look there for your saved draft, you might think it "simply disappeared". My guess is that it was indeed saved, but you didn't know where to find it. You are absolutely right. To post the draft into the topic, you choose the "Load draft" option on the saved draft, finish composing it, and then Submit. Sorry. . . it simply is not intuitive enough for me. I cannot find "Manage drafts." But let's simply drop the issue. I will write my text in Word and then copy and past. . . and then Preview. Over and out.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

gsgiauque wrote:When you save a draft of a post on the Forum, it goes into a special place in your User Control Panel called "Manage drafts". I am looking for those rubrics, but can't find them/do not see them. Either before or after clicking on "Save draft," I do not see "Manage drafts."
To go to your User Control Panel, click on the User Control Panel link found at the top of each Forum page (circled in yellow in the screen shot below). Then once you are in the User Control Panel, you'll see the Manage Drafts option on the left (circled in red in the screen shot).
UCP-drafts.png
(57.45 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “Help with this forum”