Status of palm handheld documents

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
kfindlay

Status of palm handheld documents

Post by kfindlay »

Just wondering about the status of handheld documents for the palm. Have been using a Tungsten C for a number of years and find it so helpful in gospel study. Over the past year it seems that there is less activity with new documents added for this device, especially in the Plucker, E-reader or i-silo formats. It is always nice to have the latest General Conference on the device but alas the last General Conference available on these formats is Oct 07. I have thought that it might be necessary to convert the data and make it mayself. What is the status and the process if I were to create plucker or other palm formats of recent general conferences to share them with others, not sure how this works.
:)
jander04

Post by jander04 »

I agree. I have been disappointed that no new conference reports have come out in Palm format. Has the church given up on the format?

Jerry
danpass

Mobipocket

Post by danpass »

Jander04 wrote:I agree. I have been disappointed that no new conference reports have come out in Palm format. Has the church given up on the format?

Jerry
Try the Mobipocket reader. All Ensign magazines from 2005 to current are available. The most recent conference report is already available. Mobipocket used to be available in two versions, one full featured that you had to pay for and a feature limited free one. The full featured version is now free. I've used Mobipocket for years, on my old PalmVx, Palm Treo 650 and now my Palm Centro. Mobipocket was a little slow on the older devices, but runs quite well on the Centro. You can also download the free Mobipocket Creator to create your own content.
kfindlay

Problem with the mobipocket palm doc reader.

Post by kfindlay »

The problem with the mobipocket reader is that is crashes my Tungsten C just about everytime I call it up. The plucker reader works fine but not mobipocket. I still use my palm at church every week extensively.

Return to “Main Church Website”