Brainstorming a post -- 10 Tough Technology Questions?

Discuss the feature articles on the Tech Home Page.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Why are roadmaps for products so rarely published? And when elements of a roadmap are published, why are they not kept up to date as plans change (e.g., the documentation about the retiring of the classic ward and stake websites)?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

This may not be technology, but a question I'd like to see answered none the less: Why is the church so varied in the way it communicates changes in policy? See this thread for the most recent example. I've seen any number of messages communicated in different ways to reach the same target audience.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Why are MLS updates released on a Friday when there's little to 6no opportunity for support before Sunday processing?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
atticusewig

Post by atticusewig »

RussellHltn wrote:Why are MLS updates released on a Friday when there's little to no opportunity for support before Sunday processing?
I think it's because it's the end of a work week. I still don't know why support isn't offered when needed: After business hours during the week, and half-day
Saturday. I understand no Sunday, but I think it would probably be better for support to be unavailable Monday (it would reinforce FHE, as well) and open
Saturday if the goal is actually to provide necessary support. I would be interested in knowing if the developers are give LUS a list of potential problems and
workarounds when they release new versions of MLS, or if these have to be discovered ad-hoc by support. If the developers can't get a fix out by the release
deadline, they should be letting LUS know about workarounds or other courses of actions with dealing with the fix. How is that information currently communicated, I wonder ?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

atticusewig wrote:I think it's because it's the end of a work week.

Well, yes. I'm sure there are reasons because of internal processes, but I'm asking from the standpoint of minimizing the risk of disruption. There is a IT discipline known as Change management. Given some of the recent software changes (and not just within MLS), I think it makes a good argument for implementing CM.

davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Why are changes to MLS released before training/instructions on how to properly run MLS after the change are available?

Return to “Featured Article Discussions”