New post: Camping.lds.org: A Central Site for Church Recreational Propertie

Discuss the feature articles on the Tech Home Page.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

johnsonth wrote:I'm not entirely sure why, but after publishing the article, a group of stakeholders needed to update the site with some critical enhancements, so it's temporarily offline.
Thanks for the information. With the site offline, how would we send information to the developers for potential sites to include in the future (or should I just be patient for a few weeks until it comes back online again)? I'm willing to be patient and certainly understand the challenges with volunteer time. However, this site is quite exciting for many of us.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

davesudweeks wrote:Thanks for the information. With the site offline, how would we send information to the developers for potential sites to include in the future (or should I just be patient for a few weeks until it comes back online again)? I'm willing to be patient and certainly understand the challenges with volunteer time. However, this site is quite exciting for many of us.
You can send information directly to camping@ldschurch.org. Put the name of the site in the subject field and try to include as much information as possible, including contact information for the current Property Manager.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Perfect! Thanks.

Actually, I will ask the current Property Manager to consider listing it first - he would know the details that I do not. Our Scouts had a ball Friday night camping there (cold, but fun).
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

We had to take the site down for a while due to some problems with data sharing agreements and properties. Hopefully we can get it back up soon. Sorry.
charbraith

camping.lds.org

Post by charbraith »

While the site is down, how would one go about making a reservation for one of the Church's properties?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

charbraith wrote:While the site is down, how would one go about making a reservation for one of the Church's properties?
Contact the agent stake for the property. If your stake shares in the property, someone on your high council or stake presidency should know who the scheduler for that property is.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
charbraith

Post by charbraith »

I contacted the Stake Agent to begin with and they referred me to the website. I will try again. Thanks for the help!
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

charbraith wrote:I contacted the Stake Agent to begin with and they referred me to the website. I will try again. Thanks for the help!
FYI, the website you are referring to was being developed by volunteers under the direction of church employees. Although it was in their plans to attempt to add reservation capabilities, it was still a ways off from being implemented, so I have no idea why he would send you there to begin with, unless he meant a website that was dedicated to that particular property.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

charbraith wrote:While the site is down, how would one go about making a reservation for one of the Church's properties?
It depends, but aebrown's advice is correct. If it a property that your stake is involved with, I would start with either the high councilor responsible for young women or the stake young women president.

Some camps have separate web sites that they use for making reservations. I would have to know which camp it is to see if that is the case. You're welcome to contact me directly and I'll see if I can find more details for you.

Return to “Featured Article Discussions”