Baptized under different name

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Baptized under different name

Post by sbradshaw »

This topic shows up in my list of "unread posts", but if I open the topic, it shows no messages – "Information – The requested topic does not exist." It looks like maybe the posts in the topic were deleted but the topic itself wasn't. Is there a way to remove the topic itself so it doesn't show up in "unread posts"?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Well, now it shows my replies... and because I've read my replies it's no longer in unread posts. Problem solved, for me at least. :)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The first message in the topic was hidden by the moderators because it was duplicated elsewhere in the Forum. I'm not sure if there was a way to remove the topic itself.

Gotta love technology.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:The first message in the topic was hidden by the moderators because it was duplicated elsewhere in the Forum. I'm not sure if there was a way to remove the topic itself.
It was soft-deleted. I don't think you can remove the topic other then to hard-delete or merge it into another topic.

lajackson wrote:Gotta love technology.
Odd this should come up now. I'm suspecting a the forum software got updated.

You know what the definition of "update" is? Trading known bugs for unknown bugs.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”