Telephone call

Discussions about other Church websites
marshajohanson1244

Telephone call

Post by marshajohanson1244 »

I received a phone call which listed the call was coming from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints so I answered it. It turned out to be a scam call telling me that my warranty on my call was running out and I needed to pay more. I cut the call off quickly but saved the number where the call was from. It was [-- phone number removed --]. Since my husband has a contractors license listed with the state we do get may calls like this but never have they been supposedly coming from the Church. I called the number back to check it out and it was related to an company that I could talk to if I had the persons name or direct line number. The reason for this message is my concern that they listed the Church as the person calling. I hope it will be useful if needed.
Marsha Johanson [-- personal information removed --]

Moderator note: Removed personal information (this is a public forum visible to anyone on the Internet) and Church office phone number.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Telephone call

Post by scgallafent »

As noted, I removed your personal information as well as the number you posted.

The number you posted is a direct line to a Church office. The call did not come from the Church. The scam call spoofed a random phone number but the call did not come from that number. The caller ID lookup that happened when the call was delivered used the spoofed phone number and identified the caller based on that spoofed number.
wmeli

Post by wmeli »

Hi i have a question please you can call me is because i cant call you i dont now why but i have +XXXXXXXXXXX
Last edited by jdlessley on Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed personal telephone number to maintain privacy
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

wmeli wrote:Hi i have a question please you can call me is because i cant call you i dont now why but i have +XXXXXXXXXXX
[moderator note: The telephone number was removed for privacy. The forum posts are publicly viewable by anyone world wide and exposes your private information posted here to those who could use that information for less than honorable purposes.]

The TechForum is not an official church support channel but rather user-to-user help and support. It appears you may be experiencing communications difficulty with the global service department (GSD). From the number you provided it appears you are in Costa Rica. The GSD contact information for Costa Rica is found here.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Other Websites”