Martrydom of Stephen Bible Video

Discussions about other Church websites
dkmortensen

Martrydom of Stephen Bible Video

Post by dkmortensen »

Anybody else notice that it disappeared in the last week? It was one of the new Bible Videos on biblevideos.org & other parts of the lds.org site where the Bible Videos are available.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Martrydom of Stephen Bible Video

Post by sbradshaw »

Interesting – the only version I can find online is one someone copied onto their own YouTube channel.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Maybe someone decided it was too violent. [smile]

I will have to be sure and keep the copy I downloaded when it was released, and watch it again this evening to see if I can figure out what someone may not have liked about it.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

It's still up, on the Bible Videos, the Media Library, etc.

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video ... n?lang=eng
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I'm guessing they noticed something after it was published that they needed to fix, in the video editing; or they accidentally uploaded the non-final version before.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Or maybe some copyright license or release was missing.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

This one has been around for a year, and they are very meticulous about the releases and other copyright-related issues. It is possible that they however had to do a very minor re-edit, they have put things up only to find a small snafu then had to re-post it, and as a result the URL may end up being very slightly different, and thus you had an old one (the one above works though that I posted). Common with repostings on the Youtube pages these also go on, that is still there too by the way.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Or they forgot to take it down from the Media Library. The two appear identical to me.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

In late breaking news of no import, and replying to a post that is now two years old, I was watching some Bible videos this Easter weekend and remembered this topic. So I compared the 2014 version of this video with the newer version released in 2016. The are nearly identical, but I noticed three differences that make the 2016 version much better.

The new version is 29 seconds longer. A scene has been added that accounts for most of the time, and which provides much better continuity when Stephen is led out to be killed.

Stephen's vision of the Father and Son has been edited into the story more seamlessly. I remember it being a bit jarring in the 2014 version, but it works much better in the 2016 version.

And the video has been edited during Stephen's "discourse" at the beginning to add more reaction shots, accelerate the video pacing (the soundtrack is exactly the same), and provide a more interesting viewer experience.

It was fun to run them side by side and see the improvements. The 2014 version left me a bit unsettled. The 2016 version is much better, in my opinion.

And now back to your local programming.

Return to “Other Websites”