mormon.org extremely slooooooooooooooowwwww...

Discussions about other Church websites
bbuyack

mormon.org extremely slooooooooooooooowwwww...

Post by bbuyack »

Our stake in Chandler is asking everyone to create a mormon.org profile. Based on my experience today I would say that the church needs to look at their infrastructure behind Mormon.org. Every time we tried to click on anything today while trying to create a profile there was a 2-3 minute wait before the next page would load if it would even load at all. Other websites (like this one) are working fine. I’ve given up (for now) on trying to create my profile page. Currently, I get an error on the AboutMe page (details below). I’m sure it’s especially busy on Sunday, but I would be embarrassed if any non-member was trying to actually use this site…

Details of error on AboutMe profile creation page - I've gotten this on two different computers:
Webpage error details
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.3; MS-RTC LM 8)
Timestamp: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 23:09:16 UTC

Line: 5
Char: 4155
Code: 0
URI: https://mormonorg.lds.org/bc/assets/pro ... ctivizr.js
nathanhowe

Same problem.

Post by nathanhowe »

For me, that error on the About Me page seems to keep me from saving any of the text I type into the boxes. Extra slow today,too. I suppose I'll need to wait to create my profile as well.
Seeking whatever is virtuous, lovely, of good report, or praiseworthy.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

NathanHowe wrote:For me, that error on the About Me page seems to keep me from saving any of the text I type into the boxes. Extra slow today,too. I suppose I'll need to wait to create my profile as well.
mormon.org appears to be working just fine at present. It may have been server load on a busy Sunday. My wife and I also serve as FH Consultants and it's not unusual to find new.familysearch (another site) also quite busy and a little (or lot) slow on Sundays. Hopefully, as the church moves on with these sites additional support will be provided to handle the loads.

For now it might be a good idea for those wishing to create their own profiles to move to a day other than a Sunday. I would also suggest that Feedback be given by using the Feedback link on the site.
nathanhowe

Success.

Post by nathanhowe »

I was able to access the site and save my info later on Monday. Must be related to heavy server load.
Seeking whatever is virtuous, lovely, of good report, or praiseworthy.

Return to “Other Websites”