Seminary Registration

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
sfraser-p40

Seminary Registration

Post by sfraser-p40 »

I Know it's in there but I can't find it. How do you get to the Seminary registration page?

Thanks
opee

Post by opee »

sfraser wrote:I Know it's in there but I can't find it. How do you get to the Seminary registration page?

Thanks

Go to Other Resources --> Church Educational System

FYI, no need to create a new thread to ask the same question you started in the other thread...
sfraser-p40

Post by sfraser-p40 »

Thanks for the info. I started this thread as my other comment relating to this issue was a question to an origional poster. Since it wasn't an origional thread I thought there might be a better chance of getting a response if I started a new thread.
sfraser-p40

Post by sfraser-p40 »

Here is the next question. On the Church Education System page there is a button that says "Release Time Form". Is this the same as registration?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Seminary Registration

Post by aebrown »

sfraser wrote:Here is the next question. On the Church Education System page there is a button that says "Release Time Form". Is this the same as registration?

The MLS Help System describes this process pretty well. In a nutshell it is:
  1. Print out the Relase Time Forms for all the students
  2. Get their parents to fill them out and sign them
  3. Record this information in the Release Time area of MLS
  4. Turn the signed forms into the stake or the CES representative (you should receive local instructions on this detail)
  5. The CES rep handles seminary registration and turning the forms into the principal of the appropriate school (if seminary takes place during school hours).
sfraser-p40

Post by sfraser-p40 »

Thanks Allen. Very helpful. This site is turning into a lifesaver. The only other question is that I tried using the help system and couldn't find anything on it.
merobinson-p40

Post by merobinson-p40 »

I am not able to find the seminary information. I have followed the suggested path and the only button I have is about Audits. We are using MLS 3.1.4

Melvin
lrtmerriman

Post by lrtmerriman »

We are using MLS 3.1.5 and we have nothing that appears under the 'other resources' from the main screen.

Another ward in the same building is still using version 3.1.4 and they have the church audit entries and the church educational items under the other resources.

Anyone have a suggestion to make the links reappear.

I did a send and receive and then a reboot just in case another patch just came in.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lrtmerriman wrote:Anyone have a suggestion to make the links reappear.
I assume you've check the obvious - user rights.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lrtmerriman

Post by lrtmerriman »

What it turned out to be was a bad download from church headquarters. After downloading the entire release of mls and reinstalling the missing links came back.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”