Where should the new Clerk and Technology Support App be located on the LDS.org Menu?

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
krebsj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Where should the new Clerk and Technology Support App be located on the LDS.org Menu?

Post by krebsj »

I am a product manager responsible for the new Clerk and Technology Support app we will be releasing on LDS.org later this year. I need some feedback, we have the following categories that we can choose from for the app to be under on the LDS.org menu under "Callings":

Choice #1: Leadership and Teaching
Choice #2: Melchizedek Priesthood
Choice #3: Other Callings

Which choice do you prefer?

Please cast your vote, thanks!

-Justin
R. Justin Krebs :)
MLS Product Manager
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Can you explain a little more where it's going? Looking at the current lds.org, I don't see "callings", but I do see "Serving in the Church".

I don't see choice #1, but I find the other two. Melchizedek Priesthood doesn't seem to list much. Most of the other callings, including clerk seems to be under "Other Callings".

Are we looking at different spots?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
krebsj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by krebsj »

Yes, this is based off of the new menu that will be introduced on LDS.org within the next month or so. The "Callings" menu will replace the "Serving in the Church" menu, does that make sense? Thanks!
RussellHltn wrote:Can you explain a little more where it's going? Looking at the current lds.org, I don't see "callings", but I do see "Serving in the Church".

I don't see choice #1, but I find the other two. Melchizedek Priesthood doesn't seem to list much. Most of the other callings, including clerk seems to be under "Other Callings".

Are we looking at different spots?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Without seeing what it looks like, it's hard for me to say. Clerks are typically tied to a bishopric or stake presidency. So it could fit into the same category. Based on what I can see right now, the "Other Callings" seems to be a reasonably good choice. The "Melchizedek Priesthood" one does not seem like a good option at this time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I would prefer Administrative Callings - I think that places them where we are likely placed
I'd rather see something like:

Leadership (meaning Bishop/Branch/Stake President)
Administrative (Clerk, ExecSec, Employment, Public Affairs)
Auxiliaries and Quorums (this puts the RS/YW on the same playing field with MP/AP where they belong - SS, Ward Mission, etc...)

Just some thoughts...
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

JohnShaw wrote:I would prefer Administrative Callings - I think that places them where we are likely placed

I like that idea, but if we can only choose from the 3 options in the OP, I'd vote for "Other Callings" -- the other two don't really fit well at all.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:but if we can only choose from the 3 options in the OP, I'd vote for "Other Callings"
My guess is that the top-level options are made at higher pay grades.

Also, if the site grows to include Website admin (because there is some overlap) then "Other" would be most appropriate of the three.

krebsj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by krebsj »

You are correct, we have no control over the top-level menu options. Sounds like so far "Other Callings" is the preferred option. Other thoughts? Thanks!
RussellHltn wrote:My guess is that the top-level options are made at higher pay grades.

Also, if the site grows to include Website admin (because there is some overlap) then "Other" would be most appropriate of the three.
R. Justin Krebs :)
MLS Product Manager
mtolman5989

Post by mtolman5989 »

Given the limited options - option 3.
mtolman5989

Re: Where should the new Clerk and Technology Support App be located on the LDS.org Menu?

Post by mtolman5989 »

Justin - what happened to this app ? Did it get folded into the Leader and Clerk resources section ? I don't see a clerk support section in the app.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”