Report of patriarchal blessing receipients

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
lrtmerriman

Report of patriarchal blessing receipients

Post by lrtmerriman »

The bishop was asking if a way exists to generate a list of youth that have or do not have patriarchal blessings?
He is considering encouraging those without patriarchal blessing to think about getting them during his youth interviews.

I was looking in custom reports etc and did not see that as criteria.
I even checked the patriarchal blessing recommend area to see if members (such as myself or wife) that have patriarchal blessings are not listed in the member name list. We are listed so I even that very labor intensive way of doing it is not possible. Does anyone know of a way to generate this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Report of patriarchal blessing receipients

Post by russellhltn »

I think as you've found, the information is not there, so there's no way to create a report. At least not from the resources available to you. I'd suggest the bishop ask during the interview.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bemery

Post by bemery »

This should be a query item
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bemery wrote:This should be a query item
Against what data? Currently, the data isn't there. Patriarchal Blessings haven't been linked to membership records. The church may be working it's way to doing that, but until that's done, there's nothing to query against.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

lrtmerriman wrote:The bishop was asking if a way exists to generate a list of youth that have or do not have patriarchal blessings?
He is considering encouraging those without patriarchal blessing to think about getting them during his youth interviews.
There isn't a report that will give this information.

One approach would be to ask a question like "have you received your patriarchal blessing?" during the interview. He could follow that question with something like "have you considered when would be an appropriate time to receive one?" or "do you review it regularly?", depending on the response to the previous question.

Return to “Reports and Forms”