Is a Young Church Service Missionary Considered a Young Single Adult for purposes of the Quarterly Report?

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
cliffordarthur

Is a Young Church Service Missionary Considered a Young Single Adult for purposes of the Quarterly Report?

Post by cliffordarthur »

Is a Young Church Service Missionary Considered a Young Single Adult ("YSA") for purposes of the Quarterly Report?

I can't find anything that directly addresses this question. In reading about Young Church Service Missionaries generally, I get the impression that it depends. Young church service missionaries are allowed to participate in YSA activities if the Stake President allows it which suggests yes, YSA), yet young church service missionaries who were released early from a proselyting mission are in no condition allowed to date (which suggests not YSA, just like our proselyting missionaries are not YSA).

Can anyone provide more insight, or ID church direction that provides something resembling a direct answer?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Is a Young Church Service Missionary Considered a Young Single Adult for purposes of the Quarterly Report?

Post by rmrichesjr »

If you need a prompt reliable answer, I'd suggest asking on the Clerk Helpline. Because this is a user-to-user discussion forum, it's not guaranteed anyone who knows the authoritative answer will see the question.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Is a Young Church Service Missionary Considered a Young Single Adult for purposes of the Quarterly Report?

Post by sbradshaw »

I don't know 100%, but I believe that yes, a Young Church Service Missionary would be considered a young single adult in whichever ward has his or her records. For Church records, categorization as "young single adult" isn't dependent on ability to date or attend activities, it's only based on age and marital status.

I don't have access to the quarterly report currently, but if I remember correctly, I think there's a link that allows you to see who is being included in a category total. It may only be available to certain callings. Or you could check the unit statistics page. (Maybe someone with current access to the tools could chime in. :) )
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

The easiest way to see if they are part of the group is to go to the quarterly report and click on the number of potential for that category and that will show the list of people that should be counted.
cliffordarthur

Post by cliffordarthur »

"The easiest way to see if they are part of the group is to go to the quarterly report and click on the number of potential for that category and that will show the list of people that should be counted."

Why didn't I think of that?!?

Perfect. Thank you!

Return to “Reports and Forms”