July Financial Statement Errors

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

I sent an MLS message to the Membership Department. When I received an MLS message in response, the To field said "Membership Clerk." Could you key off of who the MLS message is sent to in order to pop up the alert to the right login tied to the right calling? Or perhaps even ask the user if they would like to print the MLS message?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That's along the lines I was thinking of - a "you've got mail" prompt based on your calling when you log in.
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

Those are exactly what I have suggested in the past. We are beginning a process to tie users to a calling and that will allow us to know if it is the membership or finance clerk. I will continue to look to enhance this area, thanks for the suggestions.

Bigger issue is that the July finance statements are staged to be sent down (corrected statements), but we are finding that units that are on an MLS version prior to 2.9 are not overwriting the bad statements. We are working on a solution, but for now I would not trust the statements unless you have deleted the statement and then a new one has appeared in the finance statement area for July of 2008.

I will update this information as soon as I get any more information from the developers.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

DJC wrote:Bigger issue is that the July finance statements are staged to be sent down (corrected statements), but we are finding that units that are on an MLS version prior to 2.9 are not overwriting the bad statements.

Thanks for the heads-up. I will swing by our clerk's office today and make sure the earlier statement is deleted.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

DJC wrote:We are beginning a process to tie users to a calling and that will allow us to know if it is the membership or finance clerk.
Please remember that all clerks and many assistant clerks do both membership and finance.
DJC wrote:Bigger issue is that the July finance statements are staged to be sent down (corrected statements), but we are finding that units that are on an MLS version prior to 2.9 are not overwriting the bad statements.
Well, that's most of us. [grin]

Do send a message or something if we need to delete the old statements. Although, as I write that, I hesitate to do it, because about the time we get to all of the computers to delete the old statements, someone will surely delete the new one that managed to get through.

In any event, thanks for keeping us posted.
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

If the balance is wrong on the July statement, then delete it and you will get the correct one. Even if a correct one is deleted, it should come down again for about a month.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

DJC wrote:If the balance is wrong on the July statement, then delete it and you will get the correct one. Even if a correct one is deleted, it should come down again for about a month.
Good to know. Thanks.
David_Reid-p40

Year-To-Date Summary Problems...still there

Post by David_Reid-p40 »

I just downloaded the updated statement - and the Beginning Balance and Net Funds Available for Tithing, Fast Offer and Budget are now all zero - as expected. Thanks!:)

But I still have a problem with Section (VIII) Year To Date Summary. :( The final line (Total Amount Transfered) is still incorrect - just as it was in the June Statement. Is anyone else seeing this same problem? Is it being looked into? In my case it appears to be off by the same amount that used to be in the "NET FUNDS AVAILABLE" columns before they were fixed with this change.
leimana-p40
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by leimana-p40 »

The new statements for July 2008 have been sent out as of August 11th, 2008. However, you have to first delete the old July statement do a send/receive changes and the new and improved July 08 statement will be sent with the correct balances. Just thought I would add my 2 cents! :)
gpetersen-p40

Post by gpetersen-p40 »

leimana wrote:The new statements for July 2008 have been sent out as of August 11th, 2008. However, you have to first delete the old July statement do a send/receive changes and the new and improved July 08 statement will be sent with the correct balances. Just thought I would add my 2 cents! :)

My stake and ward computers had two July 2008 statments, but with different dates. You just have to delete the earlier version.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”