Bishop notice that an EFT is awaiting my approval?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
BrianEdwards

Bishop notice that an EFT is awaiting my approval?

Post by BrianEdwards »

I looked through the threads but didn't see this answered. Our local branch where I'm the Branch President just did its first EFT, and the only way that I knew that the EFT was awaiting my approval was to actually visit the Finance page. I like that the main LCR page shows a Bishop (or Branch President) any Confidential Records or Photos needing approving, and perhaps it's too much to also include a visual cue about Financial items needing attention. I know the Finance page has a nifty Dashboard with this info, and of course there's the weekly email which would include any required financial approvals.

So from what I could tell, I can either visit the Finance Dashboard on Sunday evenings and see what's there, or wait till I get the email letting me know if there's pending Finance items. Does anyone know if there's a setting where I could choose to be alerted when there is a Finance item requiring my attention? I just don't like the thought of something sitting there for a week, waiting for me to notice...

And as always, if I've just missed something that makes this all much easier, please enlighten :)
eblood66

Re: Bishop notice that an EFT is awaiting my approval?

Post by eblood66 »

The last time I entered an EFT it sent an email notification within an hour or so to myself, the ward clerk and the bishopric indicating that were pending approvals. I'm pretty sure we didn't do anything to enable this. I'd check to make sure your email address is entered correctly (which it probably is if you're getting a weekly email) and check to make sure it isn't being filtered as spam.
approval.png
(31.79 KiB) Not downloaded yet
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Thanks for sharing, maybe it's just me. There was another EFT entered in at our Branch last Sunday, and this morning I checked the Finance page and saw it needed my approval. Still no email for me when the EFT is approved. I haven't noticed a way to adjust these kind of notification settings for my account either.

Interested to see if anyone else reading this has experienced either what I see or what 'eblood66' sees.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

You might ask the other members of your bishopric as well. The ones I've received have had all of our email addresses on the 'To' list. If any of them have received it they could look and see if your email address is there.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”