Online Expense Reimbursement Request Form

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
t0008sa

Online Expense Reimbursement Request Form

Postby t0008sa » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:43 am

I used JotForm to create an Online Expense Reimbursement Request Form.

It's working fantastic! (Especially on smartphones.)

Now, virtually everything can be done while away from the Clerk's computer (except for printing checks).

It's a simple matter to create a JotForm account, then go to the Templates section, search for "Troy" and you'll be taken to the form I created.

You just need to use that template and edit the form for your unit. (I've attached a PDF of what the input form looks like.)
Attachments
Expense Reimbursement v2.pdf
(47.66 KiB) Downloaded 47 times

davesudweeks

Re: Online Expense Reimbursement Request Form

Postby davesudweeks » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:15 am

We don't use a form any longer except for paper receipts. We ask members to email their digital receipts to the organization president with the reason for the expense and how they want the reimbursement. We ask the organization president to forward the email to the assistant clerk-finance or the clerk as their approval for the expense and the purpose. When I do it, I save the email as a pdf document and save the receipts separately (pdf or jpg). Then I load each one as backup documentation for the reimbursement.

Haven't tried it on a smart phone - I like doing this on a nice big screen where I can easily tell what's going on.

t0008sa

Postby t0008sa » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:22 am

I should have also mentioned --

The attached shows what appears in the JotForm Inbox. From there, you can download individual inputs as a PDF and then upload that into LCR.

If you want to give it a LIVE try, navigate on your phone browser to bit.ly/TroyExpense and create a "fake" request. Just put TEST in the Description field. I can delete any input from our Inbox.
Attachments
JotForm Inbox.PNG
(173.72 KiB) Not downloaded yet

chriswoodut

Postby chriswoodut » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:39 pm

Here's our workflow. This could plug in pretty easily, but the email-only approach seems to be working for us.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1FyPVeYVFA8pFyRoZDqYp3XHdQ0gvjOfBDJO2qpxRLQc/edit?usp=sharing

Return to “Local Unit Finance”