Removing deceased members from donation list.

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
thaynep

Removing deceased members from donation list.

Post by thaynep »

How can I remove deceased members from our ward's donation list? We have several members from our ward that have passed away, yet they are still on our donation list which shows up when inputting donation. We have had instances where a widow has paid her tithing, and the donation was recorded under her deceased husband's name.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Removing deceased members from donation list.

Post by russellhltn »

I don't think you can completely remove them until the financial retention period is up. However, you should be able to mark them as "inactive" which will take care of the issue of concern. Someone else will have to supply the details.

From the Help Center comments:
I have a lot of old donor names that haven't been used for two years and more. Is there any way to delete them to clean up the donor list?

Response from FRD Support: You can go to the Finance Panel in MLS and select Add/Update Donors. Select the donor and change the status of the donor to Hidden.

In addition, during the process of closing out the year, MLS automatically removes any donors not linked to donations within the last three years. For example, when closing out 2013, any donor who has not made a donation since 2010 (no donations during 2011, 2012, or 2013) would automatically be removed from the donor list.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Re: Removing deceased members from donation list.

Post by davesudweeks »

I believe the help center info just before my post is still correct for MLS. In LCR (LCR | Finance | Participants tab), I don't see a way to mark them inactive or hidden.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”