Transfer Didn’t Pass Validation

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
benleamon

Transfer Didn’t Pass Validation

Post by benleamon »

We are trying to transfer excess missionary funds to the new ward of the missionary and I input the transfer to get it so the second approver can approve. The second approver attempts to approve and the error that comes up is that the “Transfer Didn’t Pass Validation”. We have tried with three different users on both the inputting of the transfer request as well as the second approver. Has anyone encountered this before?
Biggles

Re: Transfer Didn’t Pass Validation

Post by Biggles »

If memory serves me correctly. The GSC will carry out the process of transferring funds from one ward to another. This is assuming that the new ward has agreed to take on the financial responsibility for the missionary and this is in a different stake. It might take a couple of months for the process to be finalised.
If you are the ward clerk, contact the GSC to confirm the process.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

In addition to what Biggles posted, you can tell when financial responsibility has occurred when the missionary's account disappears as a subcategory of the Ward Missionary Fund for your ward.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Typically, when moving the responsibility, the funds transfer is taken care of by setting an effective date. If you've got an extra month's payment, then set an effective date such that you're responsible for an extra month.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Biggles wrote:If memory serves me correctly. The GSC will carry out the process of transferring funds from one ward to another.
I've never seen the screens myself since I don't have access to it but I do know that this can now be done in the missionary recommendation system without having to call the GSC. From the sound of it, the OP is using that method. Unfortunately, I don't know the details of the process in order to provide any help.
ryanpartridge

Post by ryanpartridge »

We hit a similar problem yesterday morning. One of the wards is trying to transfer excess Ward Missionary funds to the stake for use in other wards and (potentially) to remit to headquarters. One of the counselors entered the transfer and when the bishop tried to approve it, he got this error message. Another ward in the stake completed the same kind of transfer earlier in the week without any problems. We weren't able to resolve the issue yesterday.
JimThatcher

Post by JimThatcher »

None of the above notes actually answer the question. What are wards supposed to do when the transfer is blocked? Financial responsibility was transferred, but members supporting a family have continued to make donations. How do we move those late donations to the new ward where the financial responsibility is now?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Failing any better answers, you could call support. Ask them to transfer and zero out the account and close it to block further donations. I don't know if they can, but it's worth asking for.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”