Reimbursement - Lesser amount than Receipt

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cchang

Reimbursement - Lesser amount than Receipt

Post by cchang »

If a member is requesting a reimbursement amount less than the total on the receipt, do we need to specify which items is being reimbursed or are we ok as long as the total reimbursed is less than the total on the receipt without having to mark/circle which exact items are being reimbursed?
eblood66

Re: Reimbursement - Lesser amount than Receipt

Post by eblood66 »

I don't know of any documentation that says one way or the other. But personally I feel more comfortable if the items are marked or if at least the member has provided a note indicating why they are not requesting the entire amount.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Good question. I agree some kind of explanation would be nice.

I'd also but that question to your stake auditors.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

When I was clerk, I always required them to identify which items on the receipt were being reimbursed (if not everything on the receipt). I often found math errors so just taking the amount they stated was not the best policy in many cases (yes, I would recalculate every expense because we had auditors who would do the same and I didn't want to get caught with that kind of exception).

I also asked members to avoid mixing their personal purchases with church purchases if possible as it makes everything all much easier and avoids errors.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”