FSY Conference payment.

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
brown67

FSY Conference payment.

Post by brown67 »

So it's clear that a Ward can only hold one fundraiser per year. We do a pretty big fundraiser that earns quite a bit of money cleaning out ditches for a housing development. Can that money be used to help pay for FSY conferences? In the past we've been using that money to fund Scout camps and YW camps. Can that money be split three ways: 1. YM camps 2. YW camps, and 3. FSY conferences? I've read the official notice and I believe we can as long as we stick to the single fundraiser per year. Thoughts?
drepouille

Re: FSY Conference payment.

Post by drepouille »

I enjoyed the answer below for FAQ #7. I had thought we would have to figure out how to transfer funds from Other:AMFA to Budget:FSY. This answer specifically tells us to adjust the FSY expense after the fact, splitting the expense between the two funding sources.
Funds raised through fund-raising activities should be held in categories created by the ward in the Other Authorized Member Financed Activities budget category. If some of the FSY budget charges are covered by fund-raising, the charges may be adjusted from budget to other.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Local Unit Finance”