Merging Member donor records

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
eblood66

Re: Merging Member donor records-new member

Post by eblood66 »

larry19810 wrote:Do they have to make a donation for them to be on my list of choices?
I don't believe there is any way of doing it in LCR right now but you can add a donor record for her in MLS. Then you should be able to do the merge either in MLS immediately or in LCR after doing a sync.
larry19810

Re: Merging Member donor records

Post by larry19810 »

I found an answer to my own question but it is a bit convoluted so I'll describe it here. For a member who is showing as a non-member participant but cannot be directly merged because the choice as a member does not show on the drop down list. In LCR, find one of the transactions for the non-member record. Edit that transaction. Change the donor or recipient on the transaction. This allowed me to select from the full ward membership. Select the member record for the person. save changes. Go back to the participant list. The person will still be showing in the non-member participant list. Now select merge. The corresponding member record will now be available for the merge. Merge and save. Now the member will no longer be on the non-member participant list.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”