Should members be moved to some groups automatically?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
TeranceO

Should members be moved to some groups automatically?

Post by TeranceO »

I was contacted by one of the bishopric members wondering why some of the youth were not being moved to certain groups automatically. For example one boy who is eight years old did not show up in the wolf den. We also had a girl not showing up in the activity days group. Are these changes supposed to be automatic by the system by looking at the gender and age or do these changes need to be made manually?

Thanks,
Terance
eblood66

Re: Should members be moved to some groups automatically?

Post by eblood66 »

In general youth should move automatically as long as they are in their default classes already. But if they are were previously manually moved to a non-default class then they will not move automatically. If someone is not in the default class then they will have an asterisk by their name when viewing the members of the organization in LCR.

In some cases you can also create custom classes that don't have default rules. I don't think that is possible with cub scouts in specific. But if everyone in the class has an asterisk then that may be a possibility. To fix that may require resetting all the classes to their default and then making any splits or combinations again.
TeranceO

Post by TeranceO »

Thanks for the information.

Who has the ability to view and edit the rules for each class? None of the members have asterisks next to their name but they still don't show up in the correct scout group. I wonder if the rules were removed some how a short time ago.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

There is no ability to view or edit the rules. They are just built in to the pre-defined classes. In some organizations you can add custom classes (which have no rules). In others you can just split or combine classes (I believe that only the original class retains the rules after a split and the rules for one of the classes applies after a combination). I'm pretty sure that under cub scouts you can only split or combine.

Just to make sure you're looking in the right spot to see the asterisks, select Organizations > Primary from the LCR menu and then click on Cub Scouts and finally the Members tab. There should be a note at the very bottom of the screen saying '* out of default class assignment'.

If somehow the classes have been split and combined strangely so that the rules aren't working, the only way to fix things is to click on the pencil icon next to 'Primary' at the top and select 'Reset classes to defaults'. But this will reset all classes in the Primary organization. So if you have any split or combined classes (including Activity Days) you should note what they are and who is in them so you can make those changes again after the reset.
TeranceO

Post by TeranceO »

Sounds good. I'll try reseting the classes tonight after I have a chance to take a screenshot of the organization.

Thanks for all your help,
Terance
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

It might be to late now, but this close to the end of the year you could reset them at the end of the since any custom class assignments would need to be updated anyway.
TeranceO

Post by TeranceO »

I went ahead and reset them but unfortunately it didn't seem to fix the issue. I know of at least one boy that still does not show up under any cub scout group. I went ahead and manually fixed most of the others but I left one alone to see if the problem would get fixed after reseting the primary.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

How old is the boy, and has he been baptized?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
TeranceO

Post by TeranceO »

He is 8 and he has been baptized. He shows up in the CTR class but not in the Wolf Den.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

TeranceO wrote:He is 8 and he has been baptized. He shows up in the CTR class but not in the Wolf Den.
At this point, I'd probably submit Feedback in LCR. Support or the developers may need to take a look.

Return to “Membership Help”