Error Message While Trying To Create A Record

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
shandwatson

Error Message While Trying To Create A Record

Post by shandwatson »

I have been trying to create a record for a child in our ward for about 3 weeks. Each time I try the LCR keeps giving this message "Sorry, something went wrong loading the requested data. Try refreshing the page, or try again later." All other pages and functions in the LCR seem to work normally. I have also tried on different computers using both internet explorer and chrome. Any suggestions?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Error Message While Trying To Create A Record

Post by jdlessley »

Each time you tried creating the record what day of the week was each attempt made on? If Sunday, it may be a server load issue. Was the same computer used in all attempts? If so, then try another computer on a different network. Or you could try clearing the browser cache and any church site cookies.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
shandwatson

Post by shandwatson »

Thanks those are good thoughts. Each attempt has been on a Sunday. Both on the computer at the church and my personal laptop at home. I will make a note to remind myself to try again during the week while there should be less demand on the server.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What is your calling? The front end sometimes allow things that the back end won't allow. You should be a ward clerk, ward membership clerk, or Bishop. Others are likely to be denied.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
shandwatson

Post by shandwatson »

I am the ward clerk. I had a counselor in the Bishopric attempt to make the record and with counselor credentials they cant access the "create records" page on the LCR.
josephtmoore

Post by josephtmoore »

Same problem. I noticed that I had a list of about 8 "Pending Records" at the bottom of the page (for each time I tried to enter the information).
jwjohnson99

Post by jwjohnson99 »

I'm getting the same error message when trying to create a record for a child that was blessed. I'll try during the week. I am also the ward clerk.
TroyYoung

Post by TroyYoung »

I'm experiencing the same thing. I've been trying all day on my cell phone, the ward computer, and two personal computers. Usually if it's caused by the servers being too busy on Sunday, things clear up my mid-afternoon. I think this must be a bug that was introduced in the past few days.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Everyone that is having the issue should submit a report through the feedback link found at the bottom of the LCR page.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
zaneclark

Create record problem

Post by zaneclark »

I am trying to create a record for a baby, but I keep getting the pink error message that something has gone wrong and try again. I have tried again, reset the page, etc. I have done this many times before with no problem. Do I just need to be patient and try again later?

Return to “Membership Help”