Baptism / confirmation consent form?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
chriswoodut

Re: Baptism / confirmation consent form?

Post by chriswoodut »

russellhltn wrote:
chriswoodut wrote:For baby blessing forms, there really isn't a tie between the record creation and the blessing. You could create the record and get parent signatures before a blessing.
Isn't the consent form consent for creating the record?
Yes, there's a child of record form used for children under 8 and then the baptismal form for recording the ordinance.

I'm just saying you can do the child of record form before a blessing or without a blessing. A child blessing isn't an ordinance and isn't required. It isn't recorded in LCR and it isn't tracked.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

russellhltn wrote:
chriswoodut wrote:For baby blessing forms, there really isn't a tie between the record creation and the blessing. You could create the record and get parent signatures before a blessing.
Isn't the consent form consent for creating the record?
Correct!
lph1963

Post by lph1963 »

We cannot find the baptism/confirmation consent form! Is there a place to print it out?? Please send link to PDF!!!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

lph1963 wrote:We cannot find the baptism/confirmation consent form! Is there a place to print it out?? Please send link to PDF!!!
For a child of record go to LCR > Membership > Ordinances > Baptism and Confirmation. Then click the Blank Baptism Record Form link at the bottom of the page.

For those without a member record go to LCR > Membership > Create Record. Then click the appropriate Blank Create Record Form near the bottom of the page.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

How is the member or legal guardian supposed to upload the signed form to LCR?
drepouille wrote:The member or legal guardian must first sign the Child Record Form and upload it to create their record.
Child Record Form

Drop Form Here
or
Choose from Your Device
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

drepouille wrote:How is the member or legal guardian supposed to upload the signed form to LCR?
drepouille wrote:The member or legal guardian must first sign the Child Record Form and upload it to create their record.
Child Record Form

Drop Form Here
or
Choose from Your Device
The clerk has to be the one to upload it. Have them email a copy to you. Even a clean cell phone photo should work. That sentence must just be poorly worded.
TiefenbachMB

Post by TiefenbachMB »

I have problems uploading it. As soon as I chose the .jpg file it kicks me out of the ordinance report page. Anyone having the same problem and how to fix it?
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

TiefenbachMB wrote:I have problems uploading it. As soon as I chose the .jpg file it kicks me out of the ordinance report page. Anyone having the same problem and how to fix it?
I would wait and try again tomorrow. There's a lot of bugs with the system that seem to go away just by waiting and trying again later.

I will note I saw one instance where the system did not like a PDF I was trying to use for a signature card. After weeks of randomly trying to upload it, I converted it to a JPG and it uploaded without trouble.
Bmiller1830

Post by Bmiller1830 »

Why does the church not have a link with the baptism consent form right in the section where we are entering the info into the clerk and leaders website?
So... I take it we have to email a full baptism ordinance form and have the dad complete it and then scan or take a picture of it on their phone and send it back?

The need to make it simple... Just make a quick consent form that says I permit my child to be baptized or blessed with name, date and signature of approval and be done with it.
geosanford

Post by geosanford »

Check the copier in the Materials Center or Family History Center. Ours has scanning capability to a USB drive. Documents scanned to a USB drive can be uploaded to the Ward Computer.

Return to “Membership Help”